December 27 2013
PNER has a single scholarship of up to $1000 to award to an eligible student this year. Scholarship monies are paid directly to the school or institution.
Eligibility qualifications are:
* Completed high school or equivalent
* Current active PNER member in good standing
* Attending post high school educational institution
Applicants must submit a letter describing their involvement with PNER (riding, volunteering, office-holding, etc) and their educational plans.
In addition, applicants must write an essay on some topic concerning the history of PNER and endurance riding.
Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
· On-topic, organization, and accuracy - 30%
· Of interest to PNER members - 25%
· Grammar, spelling, and citation of sources - 15%
· Writing quality and style - 15%
· PNER involvements & accomplishments - 15%
PNER scholarship applications should be sent to Aarene Storms, preferably via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by snail-mail: 25118 Jim Creek Rd, Arlington, WA 98223
Application deadline is December 31st, 2013. The award will be given at the PNER convention in January 2014.