Sweetwaternow.com - Full Article
June 10, 2016
GREEN RIVER – Green River continues to celebrate past successes and accomplishments as they recently announced the 2016 Green River Hall-of-Fame Class.
The class includes a three-time state championship cross county team, a former BYU National Invitational Tournament basketball champion and a RMFAC Football champion. This year’s banquet will take place Sept. 10 at the Green River High School.
“I speak for the entire HOF Selection Committee when I say that it is an honor to take part in this process,” Green River Athletic Director Tony Beardsley said.
• Graduated High School in Green River in – 1956
• Student Council President and Member of the Horseback Search & Rescue while in High School
• Received a Football Scholarship to attend and play at Colorado School of Mines
• Member of Colorado School of Mines RMFAC Football Championship and Hall-of-Fame Team (1958)
• Also competed in Boxing, Wrestling, and Rodeo in College
• Engineer for Atlantic Company, later ARCO, in both Texas and Oklahoma
• Petroleum Engineer for Mountain Fuel Supply Company in Rock Springs, Wyoming
• Professor and Department Head of Petroleum Engineering at the University of Wyoming
• Endurance Horse Racing – At age 72, earned his 3rd Completion in the Western States 100 (the Tevis Cup), considered the toughest 100-mile horse race in the world by Outside Magazine… other races in this list include the Tour de France
• Currently: Rancher outside of Laramie, Wyoming