RELEASE: August 18, 2016
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: USEF Communications Department
Lexington, Ky. - Applications for the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) Youth Sportsman's Award are being accepted through September 1, 2016. Applications must be submitted to a USEF Recognized National Affiliate Association or an International Discipline Association.
The overall winner of the 2016 USEF Youth Sportsman's Award will receive a $1,000 grant payable to the educational program of their choice and a commemorative trophy. The winner will also be one of the nominees for the USEF Junior Equestrian of the Year Award. The reserve winner will receive a $500 grant payable to the educational program of their choice.
Applications are available online at usef.org or through any USEF Recognized National Affiliate Association or International Discipline Association. Required materials are to be submitted directly to the applicant's respective USEF Recognized National Affiliate Association or International Discipline Association and received by their respective office on or before September 1, 2016. Each USEF Recognized Affiliate may select a National Winner, who will be considered for the overall award.
This award recognizes young equestrians who serve as positive role models through their commitment to equestrian sport and exemplify positive sportsmanship principles.
To be considered for the 2016 USEF Youth Sportsman's Award, applicants must:
· Have a current membership in good standing with the USEF
· Have a current membership in good standing with a USEF Recognized Association or International Discipline Association
· Be 17 years of age or under, as of December 1, 2015
· Demonstrate an ongoing commitment and dedication to the promotion of equestrian sport
· Serve as a positive role model for peers
· Participate at any level of competition, including local, regional, or national events
· Be involved with their community
· Exhibit characteristics that exemplify positive sportsmanship principles
For more information regarding the USEF Youth Sportsman's Award, please contact Natalie Norwood, Director, National Affiliates, via e-mail at email@example.com or call (859) 225-6951.
Post a Comment